Thursday, August 14, 2014

Dev Post #1

Little update on the stuff I have been working on.

I got a reply on my directional camera question on the Unity forums. The individuals reply was precise but didn't give a code example with it. I think the poster wanted me to tackle it head on instead of just having me copy/paste whatever they posted for me. Although I appreciate that, his reply I didn't clearly understand so I left it be (for now, heh).

What I did instead the last couple night was research a bit on hexagonal grid placement (think hexagon checkers...) and how to interact with them. I did succeed in creating a grid on a plane, but the interaction is something I'll need to work with.

Tonight I decided to tackle the directional camera problem head on. I was determined. About an hour and a half on struggling through errors after errors, I finally got a completed script that didn't yell at me when I saved it. I tested it... but the results were not what I was looking for. Whenever I hit a key to change the directional camera, the camera went into a spastic loop between 2 coordinates until it locked up and crashed... So, posted new script on my previous question on the Unity forums and hopefully some more educated fellows might be able to help me out. I'll keep you posted.

Until next time,
-Keeves out-

No comments:

Post a Comment